Tuesday, April 28th, 6:45 pm* At Kennydale Elementary School, 1700 NE 28th Street
Special Guest Speakers
Denis Law – Mayor of Renton Mayor Law will provide overviews on:
· The variety of services that the City provides to its citizens and how priorities are established
· Where we are today in terms of our financial health and our ongoing revenue challenges
· Current development activity that is underway or planned in the near future
· Projects along Lake Washington Blvd. and how the City is addressing traffic and other growth-related impacts
Dr. Merri Rieger – Renton Schools Superintendent Dr. Rieger will share information on the District-wide needs for additional student learning space, including:
· Initial planning for a new elementary school in north Renton
· Work being done by the Building for a Lifetime of Learning Bond/Levy Committee
· An update on construction of the new middle school in Newcastle
Dr. Rieger will also share insights on how the District is preparing students for their futures
All Kennydale residents are invited to attend this Quarterly Meeting, and we encourage your participation in the Q&A Sessions that will follow both presentations!
* Check-in, enjoy some refreshments and socialize with your neighbors at 6:45 pm; meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm.
KNA is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Kennydale and fostering community spirit.